- Ultra-X-Tex material, a long-time staple in our stormwater management product line is an exceptional tool for oil spill clean-up.
- The rolled fabric is differs from polypropylene in that it allows water to instantly filter through the material and pulls off the oil selectively as the material is hydrophilic.
- Polypropylene repels the water and this can make it take longer for the oil to be readily absorbed in a surf environment where the oil is no longer a surface sheen, rather it is being broken up in the surf.
- Similarly, when dispersants are used the surface oil is broken up and becomes present in the entire water column. Because X-Tex is able to pull off both the dispersants and the emulsified oils it is particular effective when oil and water are mixed.
- There are many ways that Ultra X-Tex can be used. Here are some standard products that are now available:
- Oil Blankets are a concept that are being well received as a last line of defence along the shore and in the surf. Each Oil Blanket (1.5 x 3m) can hold up to 60L of oil.
- Use it as “silt fence type” application where using stakes and wire backing, the Ultra X-Tex can be placed in front of marshes, wetlands and any shoreline where it’s relatively flat water. The ability of Ultra X-Tex to allow water to easily flow through it while pulling off the oil makes it an excellent filter material and protective barrier for sensitive estuaries.
- Oil Booms – available with and without skirts these booms absorb more oil faster than traditional polypropylene meaning less time and money spent on deploying and recovering booms. The skirted model also allows emulsified oil in the water column to be pulled off.
|Minimum Order Quantity||
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.